Father's Day Special!

There are so many good things happening today! Father's Day, Sea Turtle Day, the remake of Minecraft Diaries...
For Mother's Day, I made a tribute to my mother for all the things she did. My dad is just as important too, so today we're here with a special post for all those fathers out there.
There are different types of dads in the world. For one, there are my pet mollies. Whenever they have little fry, they try and eat them up as soon as they can. This tends to be very disappointing, and quite unnerving when they slurp up the little fish like noodles right before you.
Seahorse dads are the caring type. They take care of their children from even before they are born. Seahorses do everything in their power to help their young grow up to the best they can be, which is really sweet.
Wolf fathers are the sturdy, strong dads. While all the affection is shown by mom, they will not let a single threat near their family. These dads are not to be messed with; if looks could kill, theirs definitely would.
The, of course, there are penguin dads. These dads are the best at multi-tasking, taking turns to care for their children. Through wind and cold, penguin fathers will not waver no matter what obstacles come his way.
To me, though, the best dad is my dad.
He has never attempted to eat me like my mollies, thank the gods.
He's not exactly seahorse either; honestly, if I was under his supervision for just a day the house would be a wreck.
He's isn't a wolf, though he would sail the seven seas for me, and would do anything for me and my mom.
He is most definitely not a penguin, and is NOT a multitasker when it comes to caretaking.
Despite all this, my dad is still perfect. He has what mollies, seahorses, wolves, and penguins lack- the quirkiness that my family loves, and compassion that meets no bounds.
If there's something I want, my dad brings it to me the next second, even if it doesn't benefit anyone in any way (AKA my fangirl merch).
If I have social drama, he's there to hear me out, no matter how boring and childish it sounds.
If I need to fan-rant to someone, he's ready to listen, despite the fact he never gets any of it.
If I need advice, he gladly gives it to me- even though I don't follow it 'til months later.
He's always in shadows on my first day of school, stealthily lurking behind me to make sure I get to class. He even followed me to check if I had gotten on my bus once. Needless to say, I unleashed a lecture of I can take care of myself, Dad! upon him as soon as I got home.
He's always been their, despite the frustrating, imperfect daughter I can be.
Then again, that's why he's so perfect- because he loves me for who I am.
Thanks, Dad!

Image result for fathers day

Image Credits: https://www.flickr.com/photos/15636237@N04/26838819626

Comments

Subscribe to Mailing List

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts