Minecraft Diaries: The Comeback

Aphmau has been a part of my life for about a year by now, which is CRAZY to think about. I remember all that while ago, the very first video of hers I watched was an episode in Minecraft Diaries: Origins. Later, I watched the roleplay series and was hooked for days on end, until I realized it was on an undefined hiatus! Now, after hearing about the Season 1 remake, I may or may not have jumped all around the house screaming. That said, today's article is dedicated entirely to Minecraft Diaries. All the characters belong to Jessica Bravura and Jason Bravura.
WARNING: MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

The story about how I was led to Aphmau starts years ago, when I was in fourth or fifth grade. I had recently been in an obsessively-DIY-phase, and was really into a Youtuber called SaraBeautyCorner. Seeing this, my best friend recommended another channel: Wengie. Ever since that day, I never really 'grew out' of Youtube. I'd just watch different channels at different times, depending on what I was interested in. I stuck to DIYs for a while, then moved on to challenges and lifestyle genres, then music themed channels, until it came to the day I heard that a new channel Maxmello was coming out soon. I remember being very excited, because I would get the chance to watch the very first episode of a channel; and also I loved some of the other content he made! Soon enough, I was captivated, and developed a love for gaming channels. At the time, I was still considerably new to content creation; I didn't fully understand how Youtube worked. I didn't realize that my recommendations helped me find more creators, so for a while, Maxmello was the only gamer I watched. 
Then I saw it: Minecraft Diaries Origins: Episode 24. Right on my suggestions list.
I don't know what made me click that video that day, but all I can say is that it changed my life forever. It was the first Minecraft gaming video I had ever watched, and so of course I was curious for more. I clicked on her channel icon, feeling pretty proud of myself when her list of uploads popped up. I started scrolling down the screen, searching for more episodes. I don't know why it didn't strike me to use the search bar, but as I said before, I was pretty new to Youtube.
After what seemed like an eternity of scrolling, I spotted the first episode. But here's the catch: it wasn't the first episode of Origins, it was the first episode of Season 1. I still can't believe I didn't notice that! 
That was where it all began. I was ADDICTED to Diaries (in a good way). I remember shipping Garmau, but all the comments kept mentioning Aaron. He wasn't a part of the storyline then, so I had no idea what they were going on about. There was even a count down to the first time he made an appearance! I was so confused! Why would a random dude with a bandana later play such a big role in the story?
Finally, I finished the hundredth episode, and moved on to Season 2. The storyline was way too intense for me, so I decided to take a break from watching it. A month later, curiosity got the better of me and I continued the season, right until Episode 73. All I will say is that the comments had a lot of spoilers, and I just discovered the series was on an indefinite hiatus. I was already burdened with the cliffhanger of Flashback: KOTLC, so I decided I would continue watching after the hiatus ended. I also realized that I was subscribed to the channel, yet the only content of hers I watched was Diaries!
The comments kept going on about something called MyStreet, so I checked that out, embarking on another crazy adventure, stated on another post. I also watched her minigames and other content, and was instantly in love with everything: the characters, personalities... 
This remake means the world to me, because it's like a flashback to where it all began. I look so forward to it, and if you watch Aphmau, I hope it changed you like it did to me.
If you haven't checked it out- new adventures await!

Image result for minecraft diaries poster
Characters by Aphmau (Jessica Bravura): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzYfz8uibvnB7Yc1LjePi4g

Comments

Subscribe to Mailing List

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts