Paperback vs. E-Books

The smell of parchment overwhelms your senses as you turn the page, each word hooking you on, building up suspense that might get a hold of you forever. You feel satisfaction as you turn the last page, triumphing your victory of conquering another book. Sometimes the book ends with a cliffhanger, and you may fling it across the room squealing with agony. You can admire the cover art for minutes, so much that the people around you begin to wonder what you're doing. All of these things can only be done with a physical book.
On the contrary, e-books are quite popular too. They are convenient; why carry a bulking book around if you just read off your phone? They are easily available, and you don't need to wait long to read them. You can turn a page with the tap of a finger, and change the formatting to your desire. All while achieving the same feelings a book puts you through
Despite this though, both have disadvantages. For example, paper books are inconvenient to carry around, while staring at an e-book too long can hurt your eyes. Also flinging an e-book with exasperation will most likely not end well. Different people have different preferences; neither is 'right' or 'wrong'.
Personally, I prefer physical copies. I love the feeling of immersing completely into a different realm, unaware of the surroundings around me. I can stare at a book for as long as I'd like, whereas with e-books, I have to take breaks often. For me, the purpose of reading books is to take a break from technology. When I get tired of staring at a screen, I always a book to rely on. When I finish a good book, I usually spend a diva moment with it, which includes hugging it and losing my composure entirely. Even in public I can't help but let out a giggle now and then, if not a stifled laugh. Books give me a sense of purpose; without them I'd be lost. While e-books fill me with joy just the same as a paperback, I will always prefer the latter. Physical books fill me emotions e-books can't.
What do you prefer? The smell of parchment, or amazing technology? It's a hard choice!

Image result for books

Image Credits: https://live.staticflickr.com/8078/8314929977_28fd740070_b.jpg 

Comments

Subscribe to Mailing List

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts